Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to hem dress pants

Last week one of my co-workers asked me to hem her dress pants for her. She asked if I could do it without the stitches showing because that's how the original hem was... So here is one way to do that.

First of all I have to show you how she brought them to me. She "hemmed" them herself with some medical tape. Haha!


Turn them inside out.


Measure and pin all the way around. If you are taking a lot off you would probably want to cut off excess, I skipped this step because I wanted to be able to fix it if they were too short.


Grab your needle and matching thread.

Start your stitch on the inside of the pant leg.

When you stitch from the outside back in you want to get as close as possible to the thread. When you pull it through if you can notice your stitch you didn't get it close enough.


The inside of the pants have wider gaps between stitches like this.


Tie off when you are finished and it should look like this.


Simple and it only took about 30 minutes to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment