Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Upcycled womens blazer to girls skirt

Houndstooth Skirt and Leggings

I started with this very large houndstooth suit jacket, shoulder pads included.

I also had this old t-shirt with lace trim at the bottom




I was able to make leggings out of the t-shirt, if you have ever made yoga pants from a t-shirt I did it pretty much the same way just tinnier.

The back bottom section of the jacket is what I used to make the skirt, pretty basic but I added elastic to the back of it to avoid needing a zipper and still having a flat front.


I used scraps from the t-shirt to make the big bow.


                                                            The final product



This was going to be my entry for Project Recycled but I was voted out this week.
Oopsey Daisy

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that bow!! It's absolutely darling--my favorite part. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete