Sunday, February 19, 2012

Layered Circle Skirt


I made this skirt for my daughter, I used the basic circle skirt pattern. I cut the 2 fabrics the same but different lengths.


So here is what it looks like with the fabric ready to go


I added store bought bias tape to both the layers, if you have ever made a circle skirt and used bias tape you know it takes a lot of it! like more than one package of the store bought stuff so thats why I went the easy route with this particular skirt.



Pinned them together at the top


I used 1 1/2 in elastic and didnt make a casing. I just added it to the top.
If you do this make sure your thread matches your elastic because stretching and sewing doesn't make for an easy straight stitch so matching colors help hide any mistakes.



Its just not warm enough for skirts right now but I am getting ready for summer. I can't wait either!


Thats the jist of this layered circle skirt. If you want to make one for yourself you can find out how to find your measurments all over the internet just google or go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment