Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A simple placemat

I have been meaning to make some of these for a while now. Every time I feed my child and there is inevitably a spill I wonder why I haven't done it yet, so I finally did. It took me about 15 minutes!



2 pieces of a solid color fabric. 15x10


1 piece of cat fabric 13x8


I centered the cat fabric on one piece of the solid, in the middle. Pin and sew zig zag around the edge of the cats.



I put right sides together and sewed around leaving an opening for turning right side out.


Turn right side out.

It wasn't necessary but I wanted to make this pretty boring project a tiny bit more exciting and added a decorative stitch around, being sure to close up the hole I left in earlier.

Oh and sorry about the yellowish in this pic, terrible lighting in my living room.



Yay its done! Best part is Julie loves it, but really anything that looks like a cat will please her.


Happy new year everyone!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun and easy to make idea for a placemat. Congrats on your award from 'Sew Delicious'.

    ReplyDelete