Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Sweet Scallops Tote

I recently participated in a sew along with Kate from see kate sew. She provided the pattern and very well written tutorial. There are some really cute versions of this bag over at the linky party here.
I had a good amount of time to think about what fabrics to choose and I got some inspiration in my house.


That's our pet fish Fred. and here is my Fred the Fish Sweet Scallops Tote bag




Here is a picture of mine and Meighen's

While we are on the topic of Kate ( I swear I'm not obsessed with her just her blog) she makes super cute headbands and sells them in her etsy shop. I had told Meighen that if the one I wanted was still in the shop when I got paid I was going to buy it because I had been admiring it for a long time. Then of course the next day someone bought it and I was sad but oh well....until I was surprised to find out that it was my dear BFF that purchased it for me!


Its a blurry photo but you can still see the cuteness!

I hope you like my version of the Scallops Tote, it was so much fun to make and I love how it came out. Go check out the other bags here


3 comments:

  1. Wow I love your Fred the fish scallop tote! You have done an awesome job! And that is so sweet of Meig to buy that bow for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fish idea! I Think I will make a fishy one for my little boy's library bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tote is adorable! I love the creativity!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am now following you back.

    ReplyDelete